Well,
It's almost a week ago now that I had my surprise visit from -----. How I would love to be able to get access to his thoughts and feelings at this moment in time. Maybe it would hurt to do so. I tend to have a lot of wishful thoughts but doubt whether he is thinking what I wish he was thinking. I wonder whether he has a blog, or a diary? Sigh....
I have a lot on my mind at the moment. A friend has told me something a little worrying, and it has been playing on my mind. I won't know the outcome for a couple of weeks yet, so I will have to sit tight and wait.
I have been very busy at work this last few weeks. There is so much going on with the Summer term coming to a close. I am really looking forward to the holidays. I never get, and have never been bored. Not to date in my life anyway.
Our main fund-raiser event, the Summer Fair is on the 15th July. We have been working hard for months to ensure that all will run smoothly on the day. The school disco is on the 20th and I have chosen a "Tropical" theme. As the resident D.J. I have selected some related tunes to tie-in with the theme. There is to be a fancy-dress competition with prizes and I am going to reluctantly wear a sarong. I have awful knobbly knees, so I hope there are no cameras around!
My friend Ali is supplying a wooden palm tree,(I know!) and we are going to decorate it with coconuts and the like.
The end of term disco is always a great event and I am looking forward to it but know I will be exhausted afterwards. I have to host two discos on the day, one for the infants who are aged 3-7, and one for the juniors, aged 8-11. Never a dull moment in my life.
I am looking forward to my holiday on the 1st August. I am going to a psychiatric respite residence for 5 days. I usually go at least one week a year and it gives me the chance to recharge my batteries. I have friends there and the staff are great, so there is nothing for me to worry about. I am a regular so to speak. I have been there often in the last 9 years, during some of the worst times in my life. I have nothing but praise and admiration for the place.
My girls are going camping with their Dad, so they will be fine.
It's signing off time now so I will bid the world good-night....Goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment