Well, the holidays are finally over and the children return to school tomorrow. I also return to school, but in a working capacity. Lucky B is off on her holidays. I wish I was tagging along as I feel in need of a holiday after a holiday, if you know what I mean.
Fiona and I are going to call a "Friends of The School" meeting as soon as is convenient and we are going to announce our decision to step down after 4 years of hard but rewarding work.
I know the headmaster Mr.Jones will be disappointed but it is time for the younger mums to have a go! We have had a prosperous 4 years in which time, we have raised enough money to kit every one of the 9 classes out with an interactive white-board. Apparently, they are fantastic teaching aids and I think we can retire in the knowledge that all the children have benefitted.
After nursing, teaching was my second career choice and I often wonder how I would have got on!
So it's time for something new. I have been thinking about working for the charity "Childline", but I am not too sure whether I could cope with some aspects of the job. On the one hand I feel I have a lot to offer in light of my own life experiences, but maybe it's all a little too close to home and a little too early for me at this stage of my life.
When the girls have left home, and are safely installed in university(I hope) I am going to offer my services to the Christian charity "Tearfund" and work abroad but until then I am searching for something closer to home.!!!
Tomorrow, I am returning to the gym!!! I haven't been since I caught the mumps and have been too busy over Christmas. No excuses now, so I've aired my trainers and am ready for action....well sort of.
On that note, I am going to collapse in bed with exhaustion...yawn yawn.
Goodnight all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment