Thursday, March 2, 2006

One year on.....




















It is a year ago today since my dad died aged 59. My grief has been a complicated affair as we weren't speaking at the time of his death due to circumstances beyond my control.

It is also a year ago yesterday that I found out about the baby that sadly I lost.

It has been a year of coming to terms with loss and of repeating the phrases..."what if" "if only"and "I wish". Despite my sadness I am able to dwell on the happy and positive things in my life. Today it has snowed all day and I have enjoyed watching my daughters have fun in it and have enjoyed the beauty of it, which is why I am posting these pictures...of Becky taken this afternoon after school had to close early.

We seldom have snow here so today has been particularly memorable for more than the sad things I have mentioned above.

When I was very little I used to think that snowflakes were stars falling out of the sky. A song that I remember vividly called "Catch a Falling Star" by Perry Como has been playing in my head all day today....the words are very appropriate for me, well for us all really.

Catch a fallin star an' put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day
Catch a fallin star an' put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away

For love may come an' tap you on the shoulder,
Some star-less night!
Just in case you feel you wanna’ hold her/him
You'll have a pocketful of starlight!

For when your troubles startn’ multiplyin’,
An' they just might!
It's easy to forget them without tryin’
With just a pocketful of starlight!


My posts are a little gloomy lately but I think the outlook is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11