Thanks to my Mum and Tom for a lovely birthday present...the holiday. I didn't realise how "stressed out" I was until I got there. I had no anxiety attacks at all for the whole week and managed to catch up on my lost sleep and really relax.
I got up early every morning and sat on the balcony watching the sunrise and listening to my music. We went out and about in the day and ate out at a lovely restaurant every evening. We tried a lot of local dishes on the menu and it was all really tasty.
On the last evening, Mum and me went by jeep up into the mountains and went horse riding for two hours. It was great. I only got bitten twice whilst I was there, and that was when we landed and were on the way to the hotel. For the rest of the week I walked round in a haze of smelly spray!
I managed to read a romantic 756 page novel whilst I was there too...bliss. Cyprus really is the "Island of Love". Lots of couples go there to get married and I can see why now. It is beautiful.
Back to reality now though and the "rush rush" of my life. My girls missed me and vice versa but they haven't missed out as they are going to Turkey with their dad for 2 weeks in October.
Thank you to B for looking after my little ferret Flinn whilst I was away...smiles.

Here's me a few hours after arriving home, sitting on the wall outside my house...making the most of the peace before the girls and Fizz arrived.

In the pool beside Mum's hubby Tom. I swam quite a lot whilst I was there, to cool down!

Tom and me in a sea-front cafe having a local coffee. It was really strong but I got a real taste for it.

Here's my mum on the balcony, relaxing.

Tom and me at our hotel.

Mum and Tom having their coffee.

An unusual looking tree I saw in someone's garden when I went for a big hike into the foothills. My memory card on the camera was full so I never got to take many pictures on this walk.

The pool-side flowers. Spring has certainly arrived in Cyprus!

The very blue Med.

There were plenty of lemon and orange trees around and grapevines growing everywhere.

Some lovely flowers growing on the fence of the tennis court. I didn't play any tennis though!!! Too warm.

A collection of palms growing beside the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment