Well, it has been a very busy Bank Holiday week-end in our little town. We have had what is called "The Victorian Extravaganza" which is held every year at about this time. It's an event which attracts thousands of tourists from all over the U.K. and beyond.
The main streets are closed to traffic, and instead of the usual cars, there are stalls, side-shows, rides, all kinds of transport from the Victorian era and much more.
Many people dress up in Victorian costumes and stroll through the town and along the promenade. It is very noisy and smokey but also very interesting.
I met Berenice yesterday morning whilst I was wandering around and we went for coffee. She was armed with her camera and I was with her when she got some wonderful pics of people dressed up. My daughters had my camera, as they wanted it to take pics at a charity football match they went to with their dad.
So in order to see any pics, it will be courtesy of Berenice. I know she is very busy at the moment but am sure she will be posting all about it on her blog in the next few days.I'm sure she won't mind if we pay a visit to her blog when she's finished the post.
Our town is strangely quiet now and all the attractions and visitors left for home last night. So it's back to the reality of the here and now after our trip back in time, and on with the week ahead.
Tuesday, May 2, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment