For as long as I can remember, I have always loved watching films/movies in which "love" is the central theme. There are so many, too many to name but films like "Titanic", "Highlander", "Romeo and Juliet(the modern version) "Ghost" and "Moulin Rouge" are amongst my favourites.
I have watched these films over and over again, not wanting to miss a single loving look or sigh...watching the lead female intently, to see how she responds to the lead male in the film and watching how the lead male looks at her and loves her...always wondering what it must feel like to be on the giving and receiving end of this thing called "love", to have these feelings that the film so cleverly projects.
One film that I have watched many times is "Moulin Rouge", starring Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. There is a part in the film where "Christian" sings a song to "Satine"...one he has written for her. It is the most moving scene I have ever watched. The song is called "Come What May." I've always wondered when I have been watching this film whether there would ever come a day in my life that I would experience such a moment in time...and at long last, it has. I know just how "Satine" feels now when "Christian" looks into her eyes. I don't have to imagine anymore...
I have always been a dreamer, but now my dreams are my reality...thanks to Richie.
As busy as he is right now, Richie has taken the time to make a short film of our time together in the U.S. It's not quite "Moulin Rouge" but it is something I will treasure. To see the film please click on the link...
http://richiejm.blogspot.com/
Smiles.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment