






This morning we had a ''Remembrance Day'' service in our church. On the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, of every year, a two minute silence is held in remembrance of those who lost their lives in the First and Second World Wars and in other conflicts around the world. Although it is the 12th today and is a day over, the two minute silence, mark of respect was held.
There was also a dedication for the shoeboxes that are being sent to Operation Christmas Child, in prepartion for Christmas. As well as the boxes in the picture, there are 80 more stored in the Sunday School room. Thanks to Berenice and Fiona for their boxes. I safely delivered them this morning and added them to the collection.
I have also added a picture of the two pianos we have in our church. These are for Richie. When he visits our little town, I have arranged for him to have a tinkle on the ivories of the baby grand! As you can see from the pictures, they are beautiful instruments.
After church I went for a long walk around the Great Orme mountain. Whilst I was walking it occurred to me just how lucky I was to be ''free'' to do so.
It has been a poignant day today...full of thought and refelction.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Just one more thing...after having visited the Royal British Legion blog, there is a poem there written by a youngster. To read her words, please type the following into your browser. I'm not sure how to set up a link on here as yet, sorry.
http://british-legion.blogspot.com/
Take care...
No comments:
Post a Comment