




Yesterday, my eldest daughter Nicola had her 15th birthday. How the time flies. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since she was starting school.
She went along with a group of friends to a local Chinese restaurant in town and then did whatever it is that 15 year olds do afterwards...don't ask!
Recently, she asked me to describe her in words for an English project. I had to write down a list of words that best describe Nicola.
Here is what I wrote...
My first-born
Spirited
Willful
Challenging
Caring
Energetic
Ambitious
Competitive(especially where sport is concerned)
Lively
Sensitive(she has her moments)
Infuriating
Loving(it comes out wrong though, her words not mine)
A real handful...ha.
I dread to think what she would write in a list about me...
We have had a very up and down 12 months, with more lows than highs.
Her mid-term assessment has predicted that she has the ability to gain 9 ''A*s'' in her 9 examination subjects. Excuse the cliche, but all I want is the best for her and my attempts at safeguarding her future aren't received with open arms...are they ever?
There is a major battle going on at the moment. Nicola pushing out the boundaries, and Mum frantically trying to keep them in place.
I love her very much and wonder what the next 12 months will bring. Fingers crossed that she stays on track and I retain my sanity...ha.
So Happy Birthday Nicola...I love ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment