
It's a while since I've been here and have a lot to catch up on...so I'll make a start with a post about knitting...ha ha.
For 15 years I have been making knitted hats for charity. I started with a pattern I was given by an elderly lady 15 years ago when Nicola was born, knitted a couple and never stopped. I don't know how many I have made over the years but it's a lot.
Every now and again, I sew them all up and parcel them off, and always make a selection to go inside the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child each Christmas.
I remember once buying a bag of wool and there was a little message written on the packaging. It said ''Warning! Knitting can induce relaxation.'' It made me smile. If you have a familiar pattern, nothing too complicated, it can be a very relaxing hobby.
I always try to choose wool that is brightly coloured, as some of the children that receive these hats live in the darkest places with the greyest of skies.
Here is a picture of my latest batch which I have already posted.
I have lots more news, but will sign off for now and I hope you are all well.
Smiles from across the miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment