Hi there folks
I am sorry I haven't been around for a while. So much has been happening, I don't really know where to begin, but I'll try. Smiles.
I had the best time ever during my stay in the U.S. with Richie. Watch this space as I will posting some more pics of us together very soon.
At the start of this week, my youngest daughter Rebekah started high school, year 7 and my eldest daughter Nicola went into year 11. I was feeling old turning 40 last year!, but now I feel ancient with both my girls at high school.
Becky was offered the chance of a scholarship at a local private school at the end of last term as she was tested academically by the head teacher and it was discovered she was in the top 2% of British primary school children.Our church offered a part-grant as she is an avid member, if she wanted to attend. We had lots of discussions about the possibility of this and in the end, she decided she wanted to go to the local high where her big sis goes and most of her friends too.
I just want her to be happy and honoured her decision. She is only 11 but she knows her own mind.
Nicola has done really well at school this last year, despite recent problems, and has recently had some great exam results. She has been living with her dad for a few months now and stays at home with me about once or twice a week.It is not ideal, but it's how things are for now.She will be 16 soon and also knows her own mind, just like Becky!!!
Our exams, taken at Nicola's age are called ''GCSE's'' (General Certificate of Secondary Education''.)They were called ''O Levels'' when I took them, back in the Dark Ages.
Nicola gained an ''A'' in English Literature, an ''A'' in Physics, an ''A'' in Chemistry and a ''C'' in Biology. I am really proud of her and next year she takes even more. Go Nic!
So here is a pic of my girls on their first day on Tuesday of this week and a pic of Becky, modelling her new school uniform.The girl in the background is my friend's daughter, also at the same school.
Oh, and one of their Mum with the love of her life, Richie! Other people who have seen this say the likeness between Nicola and me is amazing! What do you think???
I will be back again soon with more news and pics of my trip.
Meanwhile, take care everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment