Sunday, September 30, 2007

How Bizarre!

I have just had a bizarre encounter with a total stranger and feel I must write it down whilst it is fresh in my mind. Every now and again I have incidents like this and have to document them in some way. So here it is...

I was on my way home about an hour ago, after a walk on the beach with my dog, munching my way through a sandwich en route! I decided to take a short cut down the back streets of town when I noticed a man acting somewhat strangely on the opposite side of the road. He was about early 30's, fairly well-dressed in an artsy sort of way and was hopping up and down!!! I carried on walking as it's quite an isolated part of town. My rational side told me to walk by quickly but my curiosity was very much aroused.

The only way I can describe this man, is it was as if he was ''lost and found'', if that makes sense.He didn't appear drunk and wasn't aggressive or intimidating either but I was still very wary.

He called out to me suddenly and said ''come in here and see! I've done it.!''

He was standing in the doorway of some kind of work-shop.

I kept my distance and told him that I was firmly sticking to society's rules of not accepting invites to see things from total strangers and kept walking. I felt safer than I would have, had my dog not been with me. (When I was about 10 years old a middle aged man in a car asked me for directions and when I approached the car to tell him, he grabbed me and tried to pull me in through the passenger window. I escaped with red scratches along my arm and a lesson learned, early)

Then he shouted after me saying ''I have finished my art. It has taken half a year to complete and I need someone else other than me to see it''!

I told him I wasn't coming any closer and would look at it from a distance. So he opened the door of the workshop wide for me to see better. I was expecting a painting, just finished and still wet. Intead, I saw the most amazing piece of sculpture I think I have ever seen. It was of a male torso, with one hand pulling back the hair from the forehead and the fingers formed in the ''v'' sign. It was set upon a serpent's body and it was huge, about four feet tall. The clay was still wet and looked like it had just been completed, like he said.

I was more than impressed and asked him about the inspiration behind it. He said it was based upon himself and represented self respect after having had two years of hell in his life. It didn't have a name, but didn't really need one I thought, as it spoke for itself. Apparently an academy has accepted it although it wasn't a commission piece. I have memorised the detail of this sculpture and may even come across it again in the future.

I didn't ask the man's name, I didn't delve into his history, just discussed the art piece. He was so elated, the reason being, he had created something amazing, was having a creative ''high'' and needed to share it. What a talented guy.

He apologised for ''unerving'' me and I said goodbye and carried on walking home.

Life is so unpredictable, the unexpected happening when we least expect it. Ha.

Who knows what will become of his creation. I have documented it here for future reference.

I hope you have all had a good week-end. Signing out.

Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11