Monday, October 11, 2010

Introducing ''Finley''...the lurcher pup.







For a long time now I have been looking on animal rescue sites etc, at the many dogs needing a good home.
I have never gone further than just looking and feeling sad at the many abandoned and homeless animals.

I have had ''Fizz'' my very loved whippet-cross, for 8 years now and she was a rescue dog, but have often thought about getting a companion for her. The expense has been the main reason for denying me the pleasure of another dog.

Well, a week last Saturday, things were kind of taken out of my hands when a friend told me about a 12 week old lurcher pup who was being given away...the idea was that we were just going to make enquiries and see the little one.

Well, he was in a bit of a mess when we got there...smelly, flea-ridden, nameless and GORGEOUS. I couldn't walk away without him...and that's the story of how Finley came to live with us.

He has since been bathed, treated for his fleas, treated for a tummy bug with anti-biotics, registered at the vet, and booked in for his vaccinations and wormer this Thursday.

I have bought him a collar identical to Fizz's but in a tan colour and new lead and toys and he is doing great with toilet training.

He is adorable. Fizz is tolerating his lively behaviour (playtime in the early hours) but stands for no nonsense...he is prone to biting her feet and ears!! She gives as good as she gets. He has to learn where he stands in the pecking order and I don't interfere. Fizz sleeps with me and now, so does Finley. Although Fizz gets first choice of spot in the bed, usually at my feet. There were 3 in the bed....ha.

My daughters love him and I have included lots of pics.

We think Finley has some English Bull Terrier in him and we are not sure which of the sight hounds he is crossed with. I know he is going to be bigger than Fizz, as he is almost as big and heavy as her now...and he eats like nothing else I have ever seen!!!!!!

Yesterday he has his first encounter with a cat and has a 3 inch scratch on his nose for his trouble!!!

I could go on and on but will keep you updated.

Welcome to the family Finley...Happy Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11